College & university pathway (EAP)
Hanson Language School offers two streams of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program.
|Full-Time EAP||Part-Time EAP|
|10 weeks||20 weeks|
|30 hours per week||15 hours per week|
One option is the General EAP, and the other is the College EAP. Both streams are preparatory programs designed to develop core English language skills within a post-secondary context, enabling students to approach post-secondary studies with the required foundational English language competencies.
The English for Academic Purposes Program (EAP) consists of language learning in the context of academic subjects such as sociology, economics, psychology, literature, and law. They are specifically designed to develop your academic study and participation skills, while improving your English to a level that will ensure your success in further post-secondary studies.
Who Should Enroll?
This course is recommended for students who:
- are in/are entering post-secondary education in an English-speaking environment
- are delivering programs in a post-secondary educational environment where some of the academic interaction is carried out in English
- Duration: 10 weeks or 20 weeks
- Starts: Monthly start dates
- Levels: Minimum level of Upper Intermediate
- Lessons per Week: 30 or 15 hours per week
- Class size: Maximum 15 students
- Minimum Age: 18 years of age
You must have:
- Proof of visa status
- Intentions and a plan to pursue post-secondary studies
- Proof of current English language proficiency, either by means of:
- School placement test
- TOEFL – iBT score 65 or above
- TOEIC score 685
- IELTS 5.5 – 6.0
Schedule | Monday to Friday:
|8:45 – 10:35 am||EAP||EAP|
|10:35 – 10:45 am||Break||Break|
|10:45 am – 12:35 pm||EAP||EAP|
|12:35 – 1:05 pm||Lunch|
|1:05 – 2:55 pm||EAP|
We are available 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, to answer your questions about our programs, locations, activities, accommodations and more.